Thursday, October 12, 2017

Every Man Needs A TRUCK

Pickup - Photo: Pixabay
There are a few things in life that I'm quite sure of. I guess I have learned along the way and become convinced about more things as I've gotten older. For example, I am convinced that work is a normal and important part of life. Twenty years ago I thought I could somehow be the first person to make it through life without working. I've also realized that relationships are harder than anything else in life, but they are also the most valuable. 

My early years were about anything but relationships. Being married for the past fifteen years has only increased my learning curve about the things I'm sure of. I have always thought that men were different than women, but it took getting married for me to really be sure that they are. I've also become quite sure that every man needs a truck.

I remember hearing things growing up about how every man needs a truck to own and drive, but I never really believed it was true. I believed that men said they needed a truck just so that they would have an excuse to actually buy a truck and drive one. I've been around a lot of men in the past couple of decades and I'm quite sure that there is something actually tied between being a man and having a truck.

A truck has become the symbol of masculinity to me, for better or for worse. I feel a little weird anytime I see a woman driving a truck around town. I immediately feel like she must just be borrowing her husband's truck for the day, but then I immediately wonder why she would want to do that. I, for example, have never had the desire to own a truck or even to drive a truck. My husband has owned a truck since before we were married and so I have had my fair share of time in a truck and I still don't see the appeal. I simply see that my husband comes alive when he gets in his truck, cleans his truck, or starts talking about his truck with anyone who will listen. His truck has truly become his favorite possession and his pride and joy.

So women, let the men in your life get a truck. It will help them feel like a man. And men, if you've always been longing for a truck but haven't had the guts to make the purchase, let today be the day. Any size and kind of truck will do, just get one and start enjoying the fact that every man needs a truck.




No comments:

Post a Comment